Project sites enable people in an organization to effectively collaborate on lightweight projects. Project managers can quickly get a sense of what’s going on in a project, and team members can quickly see how their work fits into the overall context. Project sites also enable teams to access and share relevant data, documents, and communication.
A project site provides the following:
- Project Summary Web Part.
- Visual timeline of the project’s tasks.
- Project task schedule.
- Library for storing relevant project documents.
- Notebook for quickly capturing and organizing information about the project.
- Shared calendar for team events.
- Ability to connect to the Project Server 2013 client application.
When a project site is part of a site collection that is associated with Project Server 2013, it can also be used to capture issues, risks, and deliverables. The tasks list on the project site (or on a team site) can be added to the Project Web App for more robust project management functionality.
Ads by Google